Minutes of the Executive Committee of Bushman’s River Mouth Ratepayers’ Organisation Meeting held on 6 April 2021 at 09:00 at 14 Krogscheepers Street Bushman’s River Mouth

1. Welcome

Lӧtter Wepener welcomed those present.

2. Attendance register and apologies.

In attendance: Lӧtter Wepener, Sheila Swanepoel, Dalien Pachonick, Jacques de Wit, Jan Stark, Sarel Marais and Wanda Nezar.
Apologies: J Dell, F Toth.

The chair welcomed Wanda as a new committee member and wished her a long and pleasant association with BRRAG.

3. Confirmation of previous minutes

RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting of 27 February 2021 be approved and the chairman be authorised to sign them.

4. Correspondence

  1. Correspondence received / matter arising.
    A letter from IWARS seeking support for its operation after a notice of eviction from the Municipality, was tabled. It was decided that too little facts were known to react as requested. The chair to communicate with Ken at IWARS and seek further information. *Postea: the answer received from IWARS does not assist us to take a stance in the matter. Yet noted that IWARS intends cleaning up the wetland area. There was no response to our letter from Amatola or Mr Cowley. The chair and Jacques will further liaise with KOSRA and the Chamber of Business to address the water crisis and Amatola’s ineffectiveness.
  2. Correspondence issued.
    To be followed up: Resolved that inspections be held at the RB conservancy tank as well as the wastewater treatment plant. Rassie Erasmus is to be requested to assist so that a report can be compiled. Ferenc will ascertain from Nell Potgieter whether the conservancy tank pump had been repaired. *Postea : it appeared that the contractor who was contracted to repair pumps is rendering an inadequate service and future action regarding the RB conservancy tank is required. It was noted that the tank is being cleared by sewer trucks on a regular basis. This indicated that the pumps are not in working order.
  3. Correspondence to be sent out / responses.
    The water problem and trucks collecting water in RB was to be taken up with the municipality. A list of trucks that are permitted to draw water has been furnished. The drought levy that is imposed by Ndlambe on all accounts is in an attempt to reduce water usage by all. The three Eucalyptus trees along Ocean View Drive that are dangerous were discussed with Fanie Fouche and further action is awaited.

5. Municipal Matters

  1. Legal Issues
    A duplicate vehicle registration certificate is awaited. Dalien is attending and will ascertain whether we should not resubmit the application but was unable to find the relevant official. 
  2. Other municipal matters
    The chair and Jacques will be meeting with the municipal manager later during the day and promote a few topics. The use of buoys in the River was raised. Noted that the best was to first discus the matter with Willem Nel of Ndlambe and then to address specific issues.

6. Finance

  1. Income and expenditure.
    The income / expenses were noted and approved.
    The following ring-fenced amounts were available at the end of March.
      Amount
    Tennis court fund 8 784
    Container storage fund 9 300
    December security fund – BRM 59 350
    Camera fund 2 600
    Nightwatch control 8 564
    Gugu bonus fund 850
    Fire trailer 2 800
  2. The question of the acquisition of a fire tender was discussed and decided that the project is to be proceeded with.
  3. The membership is down on the previous year and Wanda offered to work on it later during the year.

7. Village Maintenance

  1. Grass cutting and bush clearing.
    The bigger lawnmower requires attention. Jacques will request the Tool Hire place in Kenton to have look at it and furnish a quote.
  2. Road markings and street signs
    The new sign for the beach area was affixed by Jack.
    Jacques is discussing the erection of additional signage with Fanie Fouche.
  3. Refuse removal
    Green refuse removal will be taken up with the municipal manager later in the day.
  4. Other maintenance issues
    Mike Wells attended to the breach in the fence and the fence at the bridge will be looked at by Jacques.

    Additional assistance for Gugu is required due to his heavy workload. Sheila will use her discretion in this regard.

8. Village Infrastructure

  1. Ward Committee:
    Nothing to report. Wanda will represent us.

  2. Municipal IDP:
    Nothing to report.

  3. Ablution blocks
    Nothing new.

  4. Water, sewers, and storm water drainage
    Nothing new.

  5. Car parks and slipway
    Nothing new.

  6. Sanparks: Jacques has settled a letter that will be sent to Ndlambe / SANPARKS regarding the intrusive lights and the picnic areas. At the same time the environmental degradation caused by Amatola will be addressed. We do have the support of Estuary Care, KOSRA and the Chamber of Business.

  7. Amatola Water: There are many frustrations and environmental problems caused by Amatola Water such as sand dumping, brine that is pumped into the River, uncovered pipes and unsightly materials all over. The Amatola problem is being addressed in conjunction with KOSRA and the Chamber of Business and will be taken up with the Minister of Water Affairs.

9. Riversbend

Nothing new.

10. Security

  1. Liaison with Hi-Tec
    Hi-Tec has been paid for the Easter service.
  2. Security incidents
    Nothing to report.
  3. Camera fund
    The camara fund appeal was sent out with the newsletter.
  4. Security fence maintenance
    See 7.4

    Liaison with SAPS / CPF

  5. SAPS support the appointment of a local bylaw enforcement officer and BRRAG will lend its support to attempt to attain this. The matter is to be discussed with the MM.
  6. Liaison with local security groups

11. Fire fighting

See above.

12. Website

Wanda will investigate and advise regarding a change-over to an App in the place of a website.

13. Newsletter

Committee members should forward articles to Lӧtter.

14. Estuary Care

Jacques has been invited to join EC. This was a positive development.

15. Ndlambe Ratepayers’ Forum

Nothing to report.

16. Chamber of Business

Nothing new.

17. NPO Report

Decided that annual registration as NPO be discontinued as it has no value for BRRAG. Our PBO status is the important one and will be kept alive.

18. Any other business

Nothing to report.

19. Closure and next meeting

The next meeting will be held on 2 July 2021.

The meeting closed at 12h00

Dated on 2 July 2021

Chairman

Stay informed

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

It's free! Click here and sign up.

You have Successfully Subscribed!