Minutes of the Executive Committee of Bushman’s River Mouth Ratepayers’ Organisation Meeting held on 9 December 2020  at 09:00 at 14 Krogscheepers Street Bushman’s River Mouth

 

1. Welcome

Lӧtter Wepener welcomed those present.

2. Attendance register and apologies

In attendance: Lӧtter Wepener, Sheila Swanepoel, Jack Dell, Dalien Pachonick.
Apologies: Ferenc Toth, Corrie Swanepoel

3. Confirmation of previous minutes

RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting of 10 November 2020 be approved and the chairman be authorised to sign them.

Matters arising: Jack has ordered the various notices, and these have been erected save for one that is for the picnic area which will be erected in the next few days.

The trailer registration form is still not available. Dalien will follow up.

The chair to send another letter regarding the illegal notice boards at Riversbend entrance.

4. Correspondence

4.1 Correspondence received
Fanie Fouche advised that the dune ablution will be attended to.

4.2 Correspondence issued
Letters regarding green refuse removal, the gabion wall and the dune ablution were sent to the Municipality.
The clearing of the water drainage system was followed up. Mr Thulani Maluleke advised that the dredging of the reticulation system is imminent.

4.3 Correspondence to be sent out
The municipality is to be asked to attend to the illegal signage at the Riversbend entrance.

5. Municipal Matters

5.1 Legal Issues
A duplicate vehicle registration certificate is awaited.

5.2 Other municipal matters
Nothing to report.

6. Finance

6.1 Income and expenditure.
These were noted.
The following ringfenced amounts were available at the end of November

Amount
Tennis court fund 7,550
Container storage fund 9,300
December security fund – BRM 193,625
December security fund – RB 9,400
Nightwatch control 2,432
Additional amounts received after 30 November are:
Camera Fund R 1 000
BRM guards R 3 800
RB guards R 3 500
NW R 5 000

The AFS were approved and adopted. They have been forwarded to Mr Siegers for auditing and submission to SARS.

6.2 Budget status:
The budget stood over for the new committee to attend to.

6.3 The question of the acquisition of a fire tender stood over for the next committee to attend to.
In the event of the land use offered by Walter Biggs realising, the acquisition of appropriate housing for equipment and goods can be considered.

7. Village Maintenance

7.1 Grass cutting and bush clearing
All attended to.

7.2 Road markings and street signs
Completed for 2020.
Jack had arranged for several sign to be revamped and erected.

7.3 Refuse removal
The response from the municipal manager is outstanding.

7.4 Other maintenance issues
The new refuse bins that were acquired are stored in the club house.

8. Village Infrastructure

8.1 Ward Committee: No meetings were held this year.

8.2 Municipal IDP: Nothing to report.

8.3 Ablution blocks
Awaiting action by Municipality.

8.4 Water, sewers, and storm water drainage
. See 4 above.

8.5 Car parks and slipway
The sea car park camera is being relocated.

8.6 Patrick undertook to affix the honesty box at the tennis court.

9. Riversbend

Green refuse will be removed during December. The Municipality is busy repairing potholes. The town appears generally in a neat condition.

10. Security

10.1 Liaison with Hi-Tec
The quote for the December security was approved.
The chair had a discussion with Chris of Hi-tec regarding Hi-tec’s responses to calls by non-members. Chris is still to revert. Sheila will liaise with to establish the guard routes.

10.2 Security incidents
Nothing new was reported.

10.3 Camera fund
Nothing new was reported.

10.4 Security fence maintenance
The fence is still in order.

10.5 Liaison with SAPS
Nothing new to report.

10.6 Liaison with local security groups
Liaison is ongoing.

11. Fire fighting

Rod Bamber is in the process of putting a quote together. He also offered for the tender to be housed on his property.

12. Website

Nothing to report.

13. Newsletter

No further letter to go out this year.

14. Estuary Care

Nothing to report.

15. Ndlambe Ratepayers’ Forum

Nothing to report.

16. Chamber of Business

Nothing to report.

17 NPO Report

The chair will attend to the next NPO report during December.

18. Any other business

Sheila and Dalien will man the tables at the AGM and Lotter will provide lists.

19. Closure and next meeting

The chair thanked all member for their tireless service this past year and over many years.
The meeting closed at 11h00 and the following date confirmed:

Dated .

Chairman

Stay informed

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

It's free! Click here and sign up.

You have Successfully Subscribed!