Minutes of the Executive Committee of Bushman’s River Mouth Ratepayers’ Organisation Meeting held on 31 December 2020 at 10:00 at 14 Krogscheepers Street Bushman’s River Mouth.

1. Welcome

Lӧtter Wepener welcomed those present.

2. Attendance register and apologies

In attendance: Lӧtter Wepener, Jack Dell, Dalien Pachonick, Jacques de Wit, Jan Stark and Ferenc Toth via Zoom.

Committee: Lӧtter Wepener offered to remain interim chair and remain signatory on the bank account until the election of a chair can be finalised. Jack Dell offered to remain as interim Treasurer until a treasurer is appointed. Jacques offered to deal with the Amatola and SANPARK issues. Ferenc and Dalien are to remain in their current portfolios. Jan offered to become the key holder for the towpath chain and trailer parking until further duties are allocated.

Resolved to request Sheila to remain in charge of the employee, Gugulethu, and to oversee his daily activities until further notice.

Noted that several members offered to assist with tasks on an ad hoc basis. Lӧtter will request Pete Andrew to investigate and assist with the collapsing gabion wall at the Mouton boardwalk.

3. Confirmation of previous minutes

RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting of 9 December 2020 be approved and the chairman be authorised to sign them.

4. Correspondence

  1. Correspondence received
  2. Correspondence issued
    Letters regarding green refuse removal and the gabion wall were sent to the Municipality.
    The clearing of the water drainage system was followed up. Mr Thulani Maluleke advised that the dredging of the reticulation system is imminent. To be followed up.
  3. Correspondence to be sent out
    The municipality is again to be asked to attend to the illegal signage at the Riversbend entrance.

5. Municipal Matters

  1. Legal Issues
    A duplicate vehicle registration certificate is awaited. Dalien is attending.
  2. Other municipal matters
    Nothing to report.

6. Finance

  1. Income and expenditure.
    These will be dealt with at a future meeting.
    The following ringfenced amounts, roughly calculated, were available at the end of December
      Amount
    Tennis court fund 8,000
    Container storage fund 9,300
    December security fund – BRM 205,00
    December security fund – RB 16 700
    Nightwatch control 1,500

    The AFS were completed, signed and submitted to SARS by the auditor.

  2. Budget status:

    Stood over.

  3. The question of the acquisition of a fire tender needs attention. All quotes and the offer by Rod Bamber must be followed up as out towns now have no functioning fire-fighting equipment.
    In the event of the land use offered by Walter Biggs realising, the acquisition of appropriate housing for equipment and goods can be considered.

7. Village Maintenance

  1. Grass cutting and bush clearing
    All attended to.
  2. Road markings and street signs
    Completed and repairs effected.
  3. Refuse removal
    The response from the municipal manager is outstanding.
  4. Other maintenance issues
    The new refuse bins that were acquired are stored in the club house. They need to be installed.

8. Village Infrastructure

  1. Ward Committee: Nothing to report
  2. Municipal IDP: Nothing to report.
  3. Ablution blocks
    The Municipality repaired the ablution blocks to a reasonable standard. They are being kept locked at night.
  4. Water, sewers, and storm water drainage
    See 4 above.
  5. Car parks and slipway
    The sea car park camera has been relocated.
  6. Patrick Miller affixed the honesty box at the tennis court and is keeping a watch thereon. Cash is to be handed to Jack.

9. Riversbend

Green refuse was removed during December. The Municipality is busy repairing potholes.

10. Security

  1. Liaison with Hi-Tec
    Lӧtter asked Ho-Tec to reduce the guards doing duty as and when possible due to the Covid level 3 lockdown. This should result in some saving on that expense.
  2. Security incidents
    Nothing new was reported.
  3. Camera fund
    Nothing new was reported.
  4. Security fence maintenance
    The fence is still in order.
  5. Liaison with SAPS
    Lӧtter had several meetings with captain Parkinson during the holiday period and relationships are good.
  6. Liaison with local security groups
    Ferenc gave an overview of the necessity to improve the camara reticulation in the entire area as part of the security initiatives.

11. Fire fighting

See above.

12. Website

Nothing to report.

13. Newsletter

A newsletter will be sent out after a membership drive.

14. Estuary Care

Nothing to report.

15. Ndlambe Ratepayers’ Forum

Nothing to report.

16. Chamber of Business

Nothing to report.

17. NPO Report

The chair will attend to the next NPO report.

18. Any other business

Nothing to report.

19. Closure and next meeting

The next meeting will be planned later during January 2021.

The meeting closed at 12h00 and the following date confirmed:

Dated .

Chairman

Stay informed

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

It's free! Click here and sign up.

You have Successfully Subscribed!