1. Welcome

Lӧtter Wepener welcomed those present.

2. Attendance register and apologies

In attendance: Lӧtter Wepener, Sheila Swanepoel, Jack Dell, Corrie Swanepoel, Dalien Pachonick
Apologies: Kevin Bates and Ference Toth
In attendance: Gerald Schmidt and Jan Nel (HiTec)
A moment’s silence was observed in memory of Bill Northrop who had given much of his time to BRRAG over many years.

3. Confirmation of previous minutes

RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting of 31 August 2019 be approved and the chairman be authorised to sign them.

4. Correspondence

4.1 Correspondence received

4.1.1. The report from SRK regarding flooding was received.
4.1.2. An undertaking by the municipality to attend to illegal signage was received.
4.1.3. A letter from director Booysen-Willy indicated that the approval for a beach business will be given.
4.1.4. A member offered to host the BRRAG website at no cost. Decided that Tessa be asked what her cost reduction will be to maintain the site but not host it.
4.1.5. A communication from Ted Gilfillan (Estuary Care) about the work done by EC was tabled.

4.2 Correspondence issues

4.2.1. A letter regarding the signs at the Riversbend entrance was sent.
4.2.2. A letter of thanks was sent regarding the repairs to Hertzog Road.
4.2.3. A letter of objection regarding the business proposal on the beach was sent.
4.2.4. A letter from Estuary Care advised that the function performed by Bill will in future be dealt with by Nicholas Albrighton. Sheila responded to the advice. The chair to ascertain whether the towpath and paths leading to the River will still be attended to by Estuary Care.

4.3 Correspondence to be sent out

4.3.1. Despite the report of SRK, the deputy director did not communicate with BRRAG. A follow up letter to be sent.
4.3.2. The letter to ms Teressa Jacobs who undertook to attend to illegal signage to be sent.
4.3.3. A letter of objection regarding the business proposal on the beach to be followed up with the Municipal Manager.
4.3.4. The chair to follow up with Ted Gilfillan regarding the work that Estuary Care will undertake.

5. Municipal Matters

5.1 Legal issues
The chair is to contact the municipal manager and deputy director regarding a failure to communicate after receipt of the SRK report.

5.2 Other municipal matters
Nothing to report.

6. Finance

Andrew explained all the financial issues. Chris advised that the unpaid rent will be paid. The statements are to be adapted with an amount of R7 000 allocated to manhole covers in Riversbend.

6.1 Income and Expenditure
The income and expenditure statements were noted. Decided that the manhole covers at River Road and Ocean View Road be replaced and that covers be obtained. Sheila will liaise with the contractor.

6.2 Budget status
Nothing to report.

6.3 Membership
Nothing to report. The chair to contact Mac van der Merwe to ascertain if there has been any success with his membership drive.

6.4 Fundraising
Nothing to report.

7. Village maintenance

7.1 Grass cutting and bush clearing
All is on course and under control.

7.2 Roads and street signs
Road painting has been completed – with a big vote of thanks to Corrie.

7.3 Refuse removal
Sheila spent an entire day cleaning up refuse left outside dwellings. Decided that a note regarding refuse clearing be included in the next newsletter. BRRAG does not have the capacity to remove trees. Members to be requested to trim and maintain hedges.

7.4 Other maintenance issues
Nothing to report

8. Village infrastructure

8.1 Ward committee
No meetings have been held.

8.2 Municipal IDP
Nothing to report.

8.3 Ablution blocks
Corrie reported that no new damage / vandalism has been noted.

8.4 Water, sewers and storm water drainage
Nothing to report.

8.5 Car parks and slipway
Nothing to report.

9. Riversbend

Nothing to report.

10. Security

The committee member expressed their sincere appreciation for the efforts of Ference and the night watch team, who all have been very busy lately.

10.1 Liaison with Hi-Tec
Jan Nel from HiTec gave an overview of the service that can be provided during the December holiday. At a cost of approximately R 160 000 three day guards and seven night guards will be provided whilst the guards will be monitored via the control room. Decided that the proposal be accepted.

Gerald gave an overview of the cost implications for HiTec if the guard at the entrance of Bushman’s is removed. Decided that the chair sets up a meeting with Andre Wille and Gerald, Sheila and Ference to attempt to retain the entrance guard.

10.2 Security incidents
Continued incidents were noted.

10.3 Camera fund
Nothing new to report.

10.4 Security fence maintenance
Jack reported that he had walked and cleared much of the fence with in-house labour. The last position will be cleared in due course.

Flip did not respond to calls to assist to do a once off inspection and repair of the fence, which should occur bi-annually. An electrician should be sourced for assistance.

10.5 Liaison with SAPS
Letters were sent to the SAPS for permission to attach security equipment to their tower but no positive response has been received. Attempts are being made to obtain permission from Telkom to utilise its tower.

10.6 Liaison with local security groups
Nothing further to report.

10.7 December security funds
Decided that the call for December security funds be commenced with the September newsletter and repeated in November.

11. Fire fighting 

Nothing to report.

12. Website

Nothing additional was discussed.

13. Newsletter

The next newsletter will be sent out soon.

14. Estuary Care

Then chair to enquire if EC will continue to clear the plastic matter in the wetland that emanates from the recycle yard.

15. Ndlambe Ratepayers’ Forum

Nothing to report.

16. Chamber of Business

Nothing to report.

17. NPO Report

Nothing to report.

18. Any other business

Nothing to report.

19. Closure and next meeting

Future meeting dates
The meeting closed at 12h15 and the following dates confirmed:

Saturday 26th October at 09h00
Saturday 30th November at 10h00
Saturday 14th December at 09h00